Cookies consist of pieces of text, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website / mobile application and to identify users returning to a website / mobile application.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website / mobile application
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website / mobile application.
We may send to you a number of cookies, including under randomised identifiers.
Some of these cookies are session cookies, whereas some other cookies may be persistent cookies.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognise your computer when you visit our website / mobile application;
- to track you as you navigate our website / mobile application, and to enable the use of the features on our website / mobile application;
- to improve the website / mobile application’s usability;
- to analyse the use of our website / mobile application;
- in the administration of this website / mobile application;
- to personalise our website / mobile application for you, including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
Third party cookies
When you use our website / mobile application, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our advertisers/service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
- to track your browser across multiple websites / mobile applications;
- to build a profile of your web surfing;
- to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
Our advertising services providers may send you cookies for the purpose of enabling the service of advertisements based on your previous visits to our website / mobile application.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
- in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
- in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many website / mobile applications. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use the the full functionality of this website / mobile application.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
- in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835).
- in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many website / mobile applications.
This website / mobile application is owned and operated by M.Stevens trading as Stone Chest.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this cookies policy, please contact us by email at email@example.com.